Sunday, August 10, 2008

Baby Boomer Issac Hayes

I came home from my mother-in-law's birthday party today and learned that Isaac Hayes had passed away.

I was going to dedicate this week to Baby Boomer Beatles jams, however, in the wake of the death of a music icon like Hayes, I am dedicating this week to him and his music. He was known as the "Black Moses."

Isaac Hayes had teamed up with the late Bernie Mac and Samuel L. Jackson for the movie "Soul Men" due out in November of this year. Bernie Mac died one day before Hayes.

Here's the song that made Hayes a cross-over sensation:


2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! The memories that song evokes for me, Bev! I grew up in Mphs during the 60's & 70's and it was a FANTASTIC time in Mphs and entertainment history.

saraphen said...

If I were Samuel L. Jackson, I would be watching my back, or going into hiding with a doctor.