Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baby Boomer Soldier Boy

No matter how old this song gets, it will always be a favorite of the men and women who have loved ones serving in the military.

Solider Boy by sung the Shirelles and became a number one song for them in 1962. The Shirelles were the first major female vocal group of the rock and roll era. OK, so I was only five-year-old when the song came out but it's one of those "oldies but goodies" romance jams that grew up with me.

If you have someone in the military you would like to dedicate this to, please list his/her name here:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to confess that I was way older than five when this great song came out. In fact, I was old enough to dance to it. Thanks for reminding me of that special time in my life. I love this site!

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

I played this song over and over and over while Ken was overseas in Viet Nam.

This one brings some sad memories for me, but I still love the song.

My fervent prayer is that more boys come home from this war than did from Nam.