Friday, July 25, 2008

Did You Ever Take a Magic Carpet Ride?

You know, it's interesting. If this song had been released today, I probably would've never heard it--much less list it as one of my favorites. But just like the song, Born to Be Wild, there was something about Steppenwolf's music that I could really get into.

"Magic Carpet Ride" appears in numerous movie soundtracks, including Star Trek: First Contact, Team America: World Police, Apollo 13, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and Sahara.

Now that I'm older and have really listened to the lyrics, I wonder if this song was about sex or drugs or both. Do you know?



3 comments:

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

I vote for it being about both!

idea coach said...

really don't know what the song is about I decided to play both songs from your last two posts at the same time. WOW! Could it be because it is late Sat. night and I am blogging???

Debbie Stevens said...

Not sure Bev but either way, one of the many songs I love!
Thanks for the ride! Maybe stop by GMS for some Motown magic before its gone!!

Deb