Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Baby Boomer Boogie Shoes

Harry Wayne Casey ("KC") was a part-time record store employee and part-timer at TK Records in Miami. As a teenager he played and sang with several local bands and played piano at the Pentecostal church his family attended. He studied music at Miami-Dade Community College.

In an interview after the band became big, Casey said he noticed often that customers would come in to the record store not remembering the titles of the records they wanted, and the store would lose the sale. This is the reason so many of his songs repeat their titles over and over.


So here is my favorite Disco song by KC & The Sunshine Band:



2 comments:

Mitch said...

The kids are cute; are they yours? I love KC & the Sunshine Band myself. They were my first concert ever, back in 1977, and I had a blast. But I have to say my favorite song is the first one, Get Down Tonight. Now I want to go dancing!

Sue T. said...

LOL they are jammin aren't they? :) That's terrific!